Schools and Education
- Westmorland Elementary School District - Surrounded by the desert and farmland areas of Imperial County, the City of Westmorland is home to approximately 2,240 residents and Westmorland Union Elementary School District. The only public school within the city limits, Westmorland Elementary is one of the city’s largest employers. Grades go from Kindergarten to 8th grade. Students are bused to Brawley to attend High School classes.
- Westmorland Basic Christian School - WBCS is a First through 12th grade school that uses a rigorous, Bible-based curriculum. Students are taught to grow both spiritually and academically, by a caring staff.
- Brawley Union High School District - BUHS serves the cities of Westmorland and Brawley. Approximately 1,800 students are enrolled at Brawley High School. Along with a new gymnasium and cafeteria the district has just completed a major modernization of most classrooms and facilities. BUHS offers a strong college prep program, which includes Advanced Placement (AP) and Honors academic classes.
- Imperial Valley College - The college offers 52 majors in both associate degree and certificate levels and a comprehensive list of university transfer and general education courses. Being a public community college, IVC serves the whole Imperial County except a small area on the northwestern shore by the Salton Sea.
- San Diego State University (Brawley and Calexico campus) - The new San Diego State University – Imperial Valley Campus – Brawley facility provides area residents with the opportunity to take a wide variety of courses, which may be used to earn undergraduate or graduate degrees or for self-improvement. The beautiful new facility includes classrooms, a computer laboratory, offices, and a snack room. For information regarding current course offerings at the Brawley campus or information about taking courses at SDSU-IVC, call (760) 768-5667 or visit their website.
- The University of Phoenix El Centro Learning Center and El Centro Learning Center II offer courses with flexible, convenient schedules. Earn your Associates, Bachelors, or Masters Degree on campus or online in a range of programs, including Arts & Sciences, Business & Management, Criminal Justice, Nursing & Health Care, and Technology. For more information visit the El Centro Leaning Center websites below.
As the city of Westmorland continues to grow, so will the need for library facilities. With a population expected to reach 9,173 by the year 2025, additional library space will be needed to serve the future residents. In order to meet the 2025 demand, an 891 square foot deficiency will have to be corrected and additional 2,853 square feet of library facilities will be needed.
- Pioneers Memorial Hospital - Pioneers Memorial Hospital is located in Brawley and is a 99-bed facility with excellent doctors and staff.
- Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo - This Clinic has been serving Westmorland and Imperial County residents for more than 30 years. The clinic is a community-based healthcare clinic that has maintained a steady growth since its inception in 1970.
- Imperial Irrigation District - IID provides Westmorland with the lowest power rates in Southern California, as well as all of nearby Arizona. When compared with San Diego, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Riverside, IID has the best per kilowatt-hour rates. Additionally, the recent electric rate surge experienced by the rest of California was avoided in Imperial Valley because of the leadership at IID. The IID also supplies the City of Westmorland with abundant water. By bringing the water 90 miles from the Colorado River through the All American Canal to the District’s intricate canal system, water is delivered to Westmorland at a very economic rate for both residential and commercial use.
- The Gas Co. - Natural gas provider
- SBC - Local phone service provider
- Adelphia Communications - Cable service and high speed internet access
- City of Westmorland - Water/Sewer
- Allied Waste - Trash pick up